P.S. These treats can last for days upon days when wrapped and sealed in plastic wrap and placed in the refrigerator. But I found people who devoured them before they could last days upon days :) You can mix this recipe up by using any type of cereal (fruity pebbles/cheerios/etc.) and any type of cookie (barnum animal crackers/nilla wafers/chocolate chip cookies/etc.) and any type of chocolate/chips (butterscotch/dark chocolate/peanut butter/etc). This recipe is really versatile and super easy to make!
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats with a White Chocolate Oreo Bark
Recipe adapted from Stylish Cuisine
Ingredients for one 9x13 inch pan of treats
6 tbsp unsalted butter
16 oz mini marshmallows
8 cups rice krispies cereal
15 oreo cookies
2 cups (12 oz bag) white chocolate chips
1) Butter or spray a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.
2) Place oreos in a ziploc bag and crush to itty bitty pieces with a rolling pin. Set aside.
3) Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, swirling butter up along edges of the pan (this helps the marshmallows stick much less). Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
4) Remove from heat and gently stir in rice krispies cereal and two-thirds of the crushed oreos. Stir until evenly coated. Pour mixture into greased dish. Using a silicone (or buttered) spatula, press mixture evenly into dish, set aside.
5) In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on high in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate evenly over rice krispie treats and immediately (before chocolate hardens) sprinkle with the remaining chopped oreos. Gently press the oreo pieces down with your hands. Cover and refrigerate or let rest on at room temperature until chocolate hardens.
6) After chocolate has cooled, slice into individual servings and wrap with plastic. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.