Vanilla Mousse Pie with an Oreo Crust
Recipe adapted from Hershey's
Yields one 9-inch pie
20 Oreo sandwich cookies, divided with cream removed
1/4 tsp unsalted butter, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup sugar
2 cups (1 pint) cold heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and pulse until well combined.
3) Put crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate and pat wet crumbs all over and up sides of pie dish, making an even surface.
4) Bake crust for 8-10 minutes or until hardened. Set aside and allow to cool before filling.
5) Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Add warm water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
6) In a cold bowl, add sugar, whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl often, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
7) Spoon into crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours. Garnish with additional oreo cookie crumbs. Store covered in refrigerator.